CW Laser and Fabrication is synonymous with uncompromising standards of engineering and quality. CW Laser and Fabrication uses innovative cutting edge technology to pioneer and develop the highest quality genuine billet aluminum truck accessories available. The ultimate combination of lightweight, style and strength makes Carriage Works the consummate choice for a style upgrade to any vehicle.
CW Laser and Fabrication History
Carriage Works, Inc. established in 1981, became CW Laser and Fabrication in 2020. We utilize state-of-the-art technology to manufacture high quality billet grilles and billet grille inserts, Billet dash inserts, billet accessories, billet steering wheels and Stainless Steel exhaust tips. None more famous than the "Original" billet grille (Circa 1989).
CW Laser and Fabrication is committed to offering the highest quality products, featuring world class fit and finish at competitive prices with service second to none. We pride ourselves on our Same Day, First-Fill rate of well above 98%.
Here's why there is a difference:
1. Original Billet Grille (1989 circa) and Original "Bolt-Over" Billet Grille (1994 circa)
2. "Made in the USA!" All CW Laser and Fabrication grilles are manufactured in Grandview, MO.
3. Research & Design - every grille is developed with the thought and integrity of appearance first, coupled with ease of installation.
- CW Laser and Fabrication grilles match the OEM body lines with engineered contours and profiles.
- Dowel rod uprights are less visible than "V" channel uprights. Dowel rod design allows the billet grille to fit within the OEM shell in Bolt-Over applications.
- Precise fitment is controlled by "aerospace" manufacturing tolerances ,utilizing automation and robotics that simply guarantee a perfect fit every time.
- Stainless steel hardware is utilized when available to prevent rusting.
- Multiple SEMA Excellence awards: "Design and Engineering", "Best New Product", "International Products"
- Grilles are manufactured using 6061-T6 "Aircraft-Grade" aluminum. Cross-bars are machined and formed from "solid stock" material. Grade 6061-T6 aluminum is the hardest billet material we can purchase, while still working within the production parameters determined which minimizes the possibility of rock and debris causing dents and pitting and marring the lustrous finish.
- Hardware and brackets are manufactured in the USA! Brackets are powder-coated to match the billet grille and enhance appearance.
5. Manufacturing - utilizing state-of-the-art technology to manufacture the highest quality billet grille in the automotive aftermarket.
- Billet cross bars are cut-to-length and holes punched in a press with permanent steel tooling. Cross bar length is held to +/- .020" insuring "Aerospace" tolerances and well within OEM Quality standards.
- Grilles are welded in C.A.D. designed, CNC-milled fixtures, with "Built-in" Quality controls again insuring "Aerospace" tolerances.
- Grilles are "Manually" T.I.G. welded together or "Robotically" M.I.G. welded, insuring the consistency of grille fitment tolerances.
Automation & Robotics
- Automated billet bar feeder automatically feeds billet bar material to the press.
- Precision-controlled welding by "Robotic" welding equipment allows welding of grilles with exact heat penetration and greater fusion.
- Precision-controlled polishing by "Robotic" polishing equipment allows polishing of grilles with exact pressures resulting in the highest luster possible.
6. Product Availability
First-to-Market - we have always been known for our availability on new applications.
Popular applications feature more than one Style:
- "Bolt Over" Designs with NO CUTTING or DRILLING.
- "CUT-OUT" Design requiring CUTTING and SANDING,
- "REPLACEMENT" Design which replaces the Factory grille with NO CUTTING!